Legend Brands is hiring for a Regulatory Control Specialist. The position is located at our Phoenix AZ location. This position is the primary interface to coordinate, maintain, review and revise SDS and GHS panels on labels primarily for the US, Canadian and EU markets and other new markets the company may choose to enter. The position is also responsible for all related chemical regulatory compliance matters.
Candidates must have the ability to develop standardized work processes designed to efficiently manage hazard and related compliance information related to chemical products. Must be able to identify, obtain and review relevant health and safety data to perform product hazard evaluations and create or review SDS and labels.
- Demonstrated experience with complex software and database tools, particularly SDS authoring systems such as Wercs and Product Vision, as well as chemical databases such as LOLI and ECHA.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to research, understand, communicate and distill complex regulatory standards such as EPA and DOT regulations.
- US, EU, Canada and other region hazard communications standards [GHS].
- Ability to comprehend State regulations, such as CARB and Proposition 65.
- Demonstrated experience with FIFRA Pesticide Producing Establishment annual report.
- Ability to oversee periodic product-related requirements such as label edits, federal and state registrations, and the current Product Data Call-Ins.
- Advanced research and analytical capabilities relating to chemical classifications for physical, health, and human and environmental toxicity data.
- Strong knowledge of GHS, SDS and Label Authoring.
- Knowledge of US and International chemical regulations.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage tasks and projects independently with little supervision.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training and advice to external and internal clients.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related scientific field.
- 5 -10 years of related industry experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those candidates that exactly meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Competitive pay with an EXCELLENT benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid time off, matching 401(k) and pension!
All job offers contingent upon satisfactory pre-employment drug test screen and background screening.