Legend Brands is seeking a talented Industrial Product Designer at our Burlington WA headquarters to help develop our ever-expanding line of products. The ideal candidate would have excellent visual communication skills both in 2D and 3D. We are looking for someone who to contribute at all stages of the design process, from concept sketching through refined CAD modeling and working with engineering on final product design.
- Proficient at manufactured product design, especially related to molded plastic part and assembly design.
- Proficient with SolidWorks software, especially related to surfacing and modeling complex geometry.
- Proficient at concept sketching to communicate basic design ideas quickly and clearly.
- Ability to utilize design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) or CAD in conjunction with photo-realistic rendering software (SolidWorks Visualize) to create refined renderings that convey more detailed design ideas and aesthetics.
- Able to take a thoughtful and inventive approach to product design, while balancing the many factors influencing the project: engineering performance, aesthetics, ergonomics and human factors, manufacturability, service, component selection, safety/regulations requirements, product cost, and production needs
- Research and seek out new processes and components to find the best solution for design problems.
- Possess basic knowledge of material strength, especially related to rotomolded plastic, injection molded plastic, and sheet metal.
- Create Engineering drawings of the designed parts, assemblies and products using SolidWorks.
- Assist with new product or product upgrade documentation including manuals and marketing information.
- Assist in the physical creation of prototypes and rough mock-ups.
- Utilize 3D Printers to create visual and mechanical mock-ups.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design and 3 years design experience preferred.
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating competency in previous industrial design projects (Please include with resume)
- Strong knowledge of solid modeling CAD (Specifically SolidWorks).
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes for plastics and sheet metal.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Familiar with setting up 3D prints and running 3D printers.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those candidates that exactly meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Competitive pay with EXCELLENT benefit package for full time employees including:
- Medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) and pension and MORE!
All job offers contingent upon satisfactory pre-employment drug test screen and background screening.